This award winning project consists of two modern extensions to a 1920’s bungalow
near Haytor. The existing house is of little architectural merit and did not relate
well to its garden, but has significant historical interest as it was first owned
by a close friend of Agatha Christie. The garden features much of the original planting,
including gifts from the writer to her friend. The new sun room responds to the
landscape with a curved expanse of glass offering panoramic views across Dartmoor
and an intimate relationship with the garden. The new front entrance is a green
oak structure supporting a glass roof allowing natural light deep into the house.